It’s been over a month since I’ve posted something new! Ack!! Part of this is because I’m working on a new website and trying to get this blog to transfer over (www.stasiaburringtonart.com), but I keep getting frustrated then become happily distracted by work and play and… phff, who has the time to sync websites? I’ll do it later. Here’s what’s new!
1. I got to be a hand model! Definitely going on my resume. The super talented Kim Merritt of Gritty Jewelry created a line of rings from those tiny ceramic animals that used to come in Red Rose Tea boxes. Did your grandma have them? Mine did. I remember the camel, specifically, though Kim doesn’t have one of those. Made with fine sterling silver, she does have: an owl, wolf, raccoon, duck, lioness, hen, and cock. Yup. I got to model the cock ring.
The shoot was set up outside Twilight gallery, and was 1950’s tea party themed. Though I did my best, and felt pretty grown up and ladylike while curling my hair and applying makeup, I was clearly upstaged by these two gorgeous women.
The rings in tiny teacups and saucers! Party was complete with doilies, cookies, fruit and the tiniest of lemon wedges!
Look! Tea parties are so fun (though these cups are so unrealistic. I need one at least 10x larger)!
2. I got to design a really amazing tattoo for a really amazing woman, with a quite personal meaning. Roni at 522 Tattoo here in Seattle did the actual tattooing.
3. I’m still printing panties! They now come in pink, red and black. I am about to order underwear for all of the men out there – stay tuned!!
4. I have been picking stuff off the ground. More specifically, assorted minerals off of the side of a mountain about an hour’s drive from home. (!!) Many of the bigger ones are hanging out on windowsills, while some of the smaller ones are being made into little pendants or earrings, hanging out in assorted pockets, or under furniture if they’ve happened to be found by either of the cats.
5. On one hiking expedition, we kept finding perfect, isolated wings. Which of course I picked up and took home just to arrange in a square and photograph. Hopefully something more constructive, later, when I can find out how to put them into jewelry or art or … something. They’re so pretty and fragile on their own, they’re currently sitting in a wooden box, waiting to become part of something else.
6. It’s blackberry season! I’ve been picking them for a couple of weeks, eating them and making jam. So, there’s a good reason this photo doesn’t include more of the kitchen… I mean, um, my kitchen’s spotless! I’m a proficient homemaker! Trust me!
7. I’m working on a number of custom commissioned paintings, which have to stay secret for now. It’s driving me crazy that I can’t share them with you – yet.
8. New shirts are up in the shop! Hand stamped kitty and skull V-neck tank tops in mint, grey and midnight blue. I’ve had them for a couple of weeks, but today Nick finally had enough time to help me take photos.
Mint green… and with the black kitties, this one rather reminds me of my favorite ice cream.
We take pictures right outside of our apartment building, the whole while listening to Momo meow at us from the livingroom window. She has separation anxiety. So we made it quick.
These shirts have prints on both the front and the back.
9. I am so lucky to be able to be spending this outrageously hot and beautiful summer with so many of my favorite people. This is mostly why this update’s been so hefty, and long in coming. It feels like every moment I’m not working, I’m able to be out adventuring, or stay in and get some super-needed relaxing in. For all my people who are here and making me so happy, I am impossibly grateful. And for those of you who aren’t here right now, and who I miss all the time, the same goes for you, just as much.