This morning’s project, something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time: cover some towels with houseflies!! I ordered a pack of 12 flour sack cotton tea towels, and they arrived in the mail yesterday, so – I had to start today! Houseflies first… now I need to do some brainstorming to decide what should be printed next!
Step one: Draw design on rubber.
Step two: carve away everything but your design.
Step three: start printing! I used silkscreen ink (Speedball) and a little foam roller (you can find them at hardware supply stores), then used a hard rubber brayer to press the stamp down on the fabric. I believe you can also use acrylic – at least, when I get it on my clothes it seems to stay fine no matter how many times it’s washed.
Step four: let dry, then iron to set the ink.
Yay! Now all insects that happen to get inside will seem teeny in comparison!
Sooooooo – after dreaming about this for quite some time now, we have T-shirts!!! This morning the lovely Milli Kato and Mr. Burrington helped out with their modeling skills [part-time models! You're so beautiful, you could be a - - ] Yeah. Without further ado, here they are!!
We printed the junior’s shirt in two colors, in sizes Z-XL.
Jump shot! High fashion!
The unisex shirts come in X-Small-X-Large. This is the X-small, on Nick:
And on me.
All tagged and ready to debut at Sakura-Con this weekend!